Basic Electrical and Electronics Engineering Semester – I Subject| MU |
University of Mumbai
Class – F.E. (All Branches of Engineering)
Semester – I Subject – Basic Electrical and Electronics Engineering
all syllabus in single PDF file free download .
|Periods per week(each of 60 minutes)||Lecture||
|Evaluation System||Theory Examination||
|Practical and OralExamination||
|Prerequisite||A. Concepts of c.m.f, potential difference & current, battery. B. Capacitors, with uniform & composite medium, energy stored in a capacitor, R-C time constant.C. Magnetic field, magnetic circuit, Faraday’s laws of electromagnetic induction, Hysteresis & Eddy current losses, energy stored in an inductor time constant in R-L Circuit.|
|1.||DC circuits: (only independent sources).Ohm’s law resistance, receptivity, series & parallel connections, star delta transformation, power dissipation in resistance, effect of temperature on resistance.Kirchhoffs laws Mesh laws Mesh & Nodal analysis. Source transformation, Superposition, Thevenin’s. Norton’s and Maximum power transfer theorems.||12 hours|
|2.||AC circuits:Generation of alternating voltage & currents, R.M.S. & Average value form factor crest factor A.C. Through resistance inductance & capacitance. R-L,R-C & R-L-C series & parallel circuits, phasor diagrams. Power & power factor, series & parallel resonance.Problems by analytical as well as phical methods.||16 hours|
|3.||Three phase circuits:Three phase voltage & current generation, star & delta connections (balanced load), relationship b between phase & line currents and voltages, phasor diagrams, measurement of power by two wattmeter method.Problems by analytical as will graphical methods.||8 hours|
|4.||Single phase transformer:Construction, working principle, c.m.f. equation, ideal & practical transformer, phasor diagrams, equivalent circuit, O.C.& S.C. tests, efficiency & regulation. All day efficiency.||08 hours|
|5.||Electrical Machines: (No numerical is expected).• DC Generators & Motors: Construction, working principle, e.m.f. equation, classification & applications.• Three phase Induction Motor: construction, working principle, squirrel cage rotor & phase wound rotor, production of rotating magnetic field, slip.• Single phase Induction Motor: Construction working principle, double field revolving theory, split phase, capacitor start, & shaded pole motor.||09 hours|
|6.||A. Semiconductor Devices: (No numerical is expected) P-N Junction diode, Zener diode, their construction, working and characteristics. BJT its construction, characteristics & applications. (only CE configuration)B. Rectifiers: (No numerical is expected)Analysis of half wave & full wave rectifier with resistive load and its parameters ripple factor rectification efficiency, regulation.Rectifier circuit with capacitive filter only.||04 hours
1. Question paper will be comprising of total 7 questions, each of 20 marks.
2. Only 5 questions need to be solved.
3. Q.1. Will be compulsory and based on entire syllabus.
4. Remaining questions will be mixed in nature. (e.g.- suppose Q.2. has part(a) from. module
3 then part (b) will be from any module other than module 3.)
5. In question paper weightage of each module will be proportional to number of respective lecture hours as mentioned in the syllabus.
6. No. question should be asked from pre-requisite module.
Practical and oral Examination:
Practical and oral examination will be based on one experiment performed form the list of experiment given in the syllabus and the oral will be based on the same experiment.
• Term work shall consist of minimum eight experiments, and a written test.
The distribution of mark shall be as follows,
• Laboratory work (Experiments and Journal: 10 Marks
• Test (at least one) : 10 Marks
• Attendance (Practical and Theory) : 05 Marks
• The final certification and acceptance of term-work ensures the satisfactory performance of laboratory work and minimum passing in the term –work.
List of laboratory experiments:
1. Mesh and Nodal analysis.
2. Verification of Superposition theorem.
3. Maximum Power Transfer theorem (Theremin and Norton)
4. Diode characteristics.
5. R-L-C- Series & Parallel circult.
6. Relationships between phase & line currents and voltages in a Three phase system
(star & delta).
7. Power and phase measurement in three phase system by two wattmeter method.
8. Load test on a single phase transformer by direct loading.
9. O.C. & S.C. tests on single phase transformer.
10. Half wave & full wave rectifier (with & without filter)
11. Input and output characteristics of CE-BJT configuration.
12. Study of electrical machines.
1. Vincent Deltoro: Electrical Engineering Fundamentals. Pearson Education.
2. M.S.Naidu. S. Kamakshaiah Introduction to Electrical Bngneering, Tata McGrow Hill
3. MITTLE & MITTAL, Basic Electrical Engg. 2/e.(New), Tata McGraw Hill
4. Edward Hughes: Electrical Technology. Pearson Education. (Seventh edition).
5. Joseph. A. Edminster: Electrical Circuits. Schaums outline series. Tata McGraw Hill
6. H.Cotton: Advanced E;ectroca; Technology, Wheeler Publication.
7. I.J. Nagrath & D.P. Kothari: Electrical machines. Tata McGraw Hill (Second edition).
8. Dr. P.S. Bimbhra: Electric Machinery, Khanna Publishers. (Revised edition).
9. William Hayt, Kemmerly, Durbin: engineering Circuit Analysis, Tata McGraw Hill
10. Boylestad, Nashelsky: Electronic Devices & Circuit Theory. Pearson Education.
11. Bhargava, Kulshreshtha, Gupta: Basic Electronics & Linear Circuits, TTTI, Chadigarh, Tata McGraw Hill
12. S.K. Bhattacharya S. Chatterjee: Industrial Electronics & Control. TTTI, Chadigarh, Tata McGraw Hill
all syllabus in single PDF file free download .
Recommended Reading :
- Comments (1)
Fatal error: Cannot assign by reference to overloaded object in /home1/blogwale/public_html/engineeringstuff.in/wp-content/themes/mystique/atom-core.php on line 4258