Class:S.E-Branch:-Instrumentation-Semester:-IV- Application Software Practices-I -University of Mumbai |MU|
University of Mumbai
|Class: S.E.||Branch:Instrumentation||Semester: IV|
|Subject: Application Software Practices-I|
|Periods per Week(60 min.each)||
|Practical and Oral||—||25|
|1||Study of Visual Basic/VB6.0 as a tool for developing real timeHMI (Human Machine Interface) for instrumentation applications.
1) Configuring and using Hyper Terminal.
2) Developing a Login form with password.
3) Developing a Dynamic Linked Library (DLL) for parallel port access using VC++ 6.0.
4) Using parallel port DLL for On-Off system.
5) Using MSCOMM.OCX for Serial communication.
6) Developing a real-time database using serial port and parallel port programs.
7) Developing different types of graphs for trend display, historical display.
8) Developing an ActiveX component for a) Tank System.
b) Control Valve c) Pipe
d) Any other system/component
Practical will be based on one experiment performed from the list of experiments given in
the syllabus and the oral will be based on entire subject.
Term work consists of minimum eight experiments and a written test. The distribution of
the term work shall be as follows,
Laboratory work (Experiments and Journal) :10 marks Test (at least one) :10 marks Attendance (Practical and Theory) :05 marks
The final certification and acceptance of term-work ensures the satisfactory performance of laboratory work and minimum passing in the term-work.
1. Soma Dasgupta, “Visual Basic Projects”, BPB Publications.
2. Christopher, “Visual Basic”.
Recommended Reading :
- Comments (1)
Fatal error: Cannot assign by reference to overloaded object in /home1/blogwale/public_html/engineeringstuff.in/wp-content/themes/mystique/atom-core.php on line 4258