Engineering Entrance Exams (MHT CET) and How they are
There are many engineering entrance exams in India. Some of them are listed below:
AIEEE, IIT JEE, BITSAT, MHTCET, Medical Entrance Test, AIIMS, AIPMT, MHTCET.
These exams are primarily based on the syllabus covered in the 11th and 12th and mathematics and science from 1st to 10th standard. So the students who are good in mathematics and science can score high marks in these exam if they prepare by well guided way.
CBSC and ICSC and also there are many state level boards like Maharashtra State board conducting these exams each years. But there is a problem for different boards’ students which are going to apply for same engineering college. Because both of them are appearing different exams and it is very difficult to choose them because of different pattern of the syllabus they studied. Hence the engineering colleges consider the 50% marks of the 12th level of the student and 50% entrance exam marks.
Maharashtra Engineering Entrance exam: MHT-CET
Maharashtra Common Entrance Test (MHT CET)
MHT CET is started since year 2004 in the Maharashtra. Before that the engineering admission are based on only 12th percentage and nothing else. Now the MHT CET marks are considered.
This exam is conducted on two subject groups
1) PCM– Physics- Chemistry – Maths
2) PCB – Physics – Chemistry – Biology
The PCM group is considered for engineering admissions and PCB is for medical admission such as MBBS.
The eligibility criteria for MHT CET 2012:
1) The candidate should have Indian nationality and passed the HSC exam of Maharashtra board with at least 50% marks for category students 45%
2) The candidate should complete his/her HSC studies in English, Mathematics, Physics, and Chemistry etc. That is non science students are not allowed.
MHT CET 2012 Exam Pattern:
- Paper I: Physics & Chemistry with 50, 50 marks total 100 marks
- Paper II: Biology -Botany & Zoology (50 marks each)
- Paper III: Mathematics -100 marks.
The Courses available for MHT CET students:
1) Engineering – BE, B-Tech
3) Health Sciences.
Dont forget to read:
- MHT CET Paper Solution Set and Recommended Books Online
- How to: Free online GATE 2012, MBA CET & MBA CAT test exam from Vidyalankar class
The latest notifications for MHT CET 2012
Recommended Reading :
- Comments (0)
Fatal error: Cannot assign by reference to overloaded object in /home1/blogwale/public_html/engineeringstuff.in/wp-content/themes/mystique/atom-core.php on line 4258